Be the smart traveller and plan your vacation smoothly. To help you plan a glitch-free travel to our vibrant state of Gujarat, we have listed down the important dates when the famous tourist destinations remain closed and the places that require you to book your place well in advance. Please make note of these while you plan your travels :
Gujarat Tourist Spots :
- Statue of Unity remains closed for tourists on Mondays.
- Sasan Gir Asiatic Lion reserve and all national parks are closed from 16th June to 15th October every year.
- Lion Safari can only be booked online and needs to be done well in advance. Go to https://girlion.gujarat.gov.in/.
- Calico museum in Ahmedabad is closed on Wednesdays and Public Holidays. Children below 10 years of age are not permitted inside the museum.
- Calico museum visit requires prior permission. Can be obtained online. Go to www.calicomuseum.org
- Akshardham temple and Kankariya Lake in Ahmedabad remain closed on Mondays
- Lothal remains closed on Fridays
- Shreyas Folk and Art Museum remains closed on Sundays and Public Holidays and fifteen days during Peak Summers and ten days during Diwali Holidays.
- Laxmi Vilas Palace, Maharaja Fateh Singh museum in Baroda remains closed on Mondays and Public Holidays
- Aina Mahal in Bhuj remains closed on Thursdays and Public Holidays.
- Prag Mahal in Bhuj remains closed on Public Holidays
- Kutch museum in Bhuj remains closed on Wednesdays, 2nd and 4th Saturdays and Public Holidays
- Watson museum in Rajkot remains closed on Wednesdays, 2nd and 4th Saturdays and Public Holidays
- Dandiya Utsav all over Gujarat happens during Navratri festival.
- Rann Utsav dates : November to February every year. *Please check with us for specific dates before making your travel pans.
- Visit to Marine National Park at Jamnagar, Nishkalank Mahadev Temple at Koliyak in Bhavnagar and Stambheshwar Mahadev Temple at Kamboi in Jambusar are subject to tide timings.
- Gujarat has a limited number of licence holding guides and fewer guides who speak any foreign languages, you must book your guide services well in advance. Write to us at email@example.com for assistance.